Certificate Course in Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
The discovery by Professor Messerklinger that the cilia in the sinus mucosa are genetically programmed to bend towards the nasal ostia led to a paradigm shift in the treatment of sinus diseases. Ablative and obliteration surgeries of the sinuses gave way to more physiological surgeries which involved opening the nasal sinus ostia. FESS is now well established for more than the last 2 decades. However the learning curve for this surgery is fairly steep and requires intensive training. The first 2-3 years of surgical training are probably most difficult. This course aims to equip the delegate to perform all standard surgeries in the sinuses. It will give the novice surgeon greater confidence to operate safely and effectively without a constant concern regarding the possible complications.
- To understand the basics of osteology CT Paranasal sinuses
- To develop proficiency in reading and interpreting CT scans of the paranasal sinuses
- To practice sequentially the steps of surgery and how to avoid possible complications
- To develop better hand eye coordination
- To learn how to avoid and if necessary treat surgical complications
Who Should Attend?
- The course has been specifically designed for:
- ENT postgraduate students
- Junior consultants in the first five years of their private practice
- Senior surgeons who wish to acquire new skills necessary for endoscopic surgery
- Lectures by expert faculty
- Supervised training on a lifelike model
- Plenty of opportunity for informal interaction with faculty
A candidate registering as observer shall be allowed to participate in the course and attend the didactics, video discussions and transmissions at CEMAST. Observers shall not be eligible to any hands-on exercises in the labs.
Attractive Discount on GROUP REGISTRATION
Contact UDDIPTA on +917506683774 or write to him at firstname.lastname@example.org for Group Registration