Certificate Course in Reconstructive Urology
Reconstructive surgeries in Urology are one of the most challenging procedures which have always been popular with practicing urologists. Congenital Uretropelvic Junction Obstruction, Obstructive mega ureter, high grade vesicoureteric reflux, uretrovaginal fistula, ureteric injuries, ureteric strictures are all conditions which require the urologist’s expertise in dealing with reconstruction. Correct, meticulous refined techniques in performing minimal invasive procedures like Pyeloplasty, Ureteric re-implantation, Boari flap, have gained lot of significance in laparoscopy. Urethroplasties performed for strictures in urethra have always been evolving with newer and newer concepts in creation of flaps and with use of various autologous tissues as a patch. Use of a segment of bowel in urology, for augmentation cystoplasty and various techniques practiced will also be demonstrated. This two day course will offer a basic understanding of principles and techniques in reconstruction both for the urethra and the ureter. Standard acceptable techniques involved in reconstruction will be taught to all and newer advances in reconstruction of urethra will be shared by experts in the animal laboratories with dedicated harvested tissue models. Laparoscopic techniques of suturing the ureter will be taught on harvested animal tissue to polish one’s suturing skills.
- To provide adequate knowledge of variable anatomy of the uretero-pelvic junction, uretero-vesical junction, urinary bladder, urethra, vascular anatomy related to the genito urinary tract and the fundamental principles of reconstructive techniques for surgically correctable conditions.
- To establish clear understanding of strictures at different sites in urethra and appreciate the different techniques of reconstructing urethra
- The course would cover various anastomotic techniques of pyeloplasties, ureteric re-implantations, uretero-ureteral anastomosis, boari flap, augmentation cystoplasties, neo bladders and formation of an ileal conduit.
- Special emphasis would be given to the prevention and management of complications.
- At the end of the course each participant should be able to
- Recognize how to interpret various diagnostic tools (radiological and radioisotope studies) to confirm UPJ obstruction, VUJ obstruction and urethral stricture
- Identify which reconstructive technique to utilize for a specific case
- Understand the specific advantages of each reconstructive technique
- Diagnose and manage complications of different procedures
- Improve one’s skill in performing reconstructive procedures
Who Should Attend?
- Post graduates, practicing endourologists and surgeons interested in reconstructive surgery
- Understanding anatomy of Urethra with relevance to reconstruction
- Video presentation on techniques in urethroplasty
- Hands-on training on harvested animal tissue
A candidate registering as observer shall be allowed to participate in the course and attend the didactics, video discussions and transmissions at CEMAST. Observers shall not be eligible to any hands-on exercises in the labs.
Attractive Discount on GROUP REGISTRATION
Contact UDDIPTA on +917506683774 or write to him at email@example.com for Group Registration