Certificate Course in Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma
Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma (JNA) is a challenging tumor of the nose to treat. This is because it is highly vascular with a propensity to spread intracranially and intraorbitally through foramina and fissures in the skull base. It can also go far laterally into the infra temporal and the temporal fossae. It has a high incidence of residual or recurrent tumors. Although historically, it was operated upon by external approaches; over the last two decades, it is being excised endoscopically. Endoscopic excision of JNA has a steep learning curve.
- To understand the anatomy relevant to angiofibroma
- To discuss the trend of biological behaviour of this tumor
- To master the diagnosis of this tumor by understanding various investigative modalities
- To understand and practise the steps of surgery involved in endoscopic excision of JNA
- To discuss the possible complications of this surgery.
- To understand in brief the factors affecting recurrence/ recidivism of the tumor.
Who Should Attend?
- It is necessary to be fully conversant with the endoscopic anatomy of the sinuses.
- The candidate must have mastered the skills required for basic endoscopic sinus surgery.
- This course is ideally suited for those surgeons who have atleast 3 years of experience in Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery.
- Hands on dissection of surgical steps on a model. (West German)
- Tutorial on reading CT Scans and MRI relevant to tumor.
- Lectures on various aspects of the tumor.
- Panel discussion with expert faculty.
A candidate registering as observer shall be allowed to participate in the course and attend the didactics, video discussions and transmissions at CEMAST. Observers shall not be eligible to any hands-on exercises in the labs.
Attractive Discount on GROUP REGISTRATION
Contact UDDIPTA on +917506683774 or write to him at firstname.lastname@example.org for Group Registration