Certificate Course in Basic Surgical Skills
“Build your house on rock, not sand”-St. Peter.
The foundations on which we build our surgical skills will be the base for all our future growth and progress in all surgical disciplines. CEMAST has hence taken a conscious decision that it will offer several courses in Basic Surgical Skills in all disciplines of open as also Minimal Access Surgery Training. This course has been designed to introduce and inculcate in surgical trainees’ safe surgical practice within a controlled OR environment. It aims to ‘teach, clarify and assess’ ability to use safe and sound surgical techniques that are common to all the disciplines in surgery to ensure a good foundation to build their surgical future. This one-day course, aimed for aspiring surgeons, is designed to instil core surgical skills at the very start of a surgeon’s training by teaching the correct basic techniques. Participants are taught basic from scrubbing to gowning and gloving for surgery, instrument handling, knot tying, suturing techniques and basic principles of Laparoscopic surgery.
It aims to teach, assess and certify the ability to use safe and sound surgical techniques that are common to all forms of surgery.
Who should attend the course
The course is a must for Interns, Postgraduate Surgical and Gynaecology Trainees, Residents and for all Practicing Surgeons and Gynaecologist who want to brush up and revalidate their skills and techniques in Surgery.
The course is standardized with common objectives; content, structure and assessment methods as advocated in the recent reforms in medical education by Medical Council of India (MCI).
This course is intensively taught, with an emphasis on hands on training with individual tuition and detailed personal feedback on performance and perfection.
The course is held over one day with a series of didactic lectures, demonstrations and extensive hands on sessions. Techniques are practiced using a combination of prepared animal tissue, synthetic models and simulation.
- Principles of Safe Surgery and skills required
- Basic Principles of Ergonomics
- Open Surgery: Basics of Surgery ,Instrument handling ,Knot tying, suturing and abscess drainage.
- Tissue Approximation (Skin, Abdominal wall)
- Introduction to Essential Skills in MAS “Hands-on” practice through the course.
- Personal attention to the participants by the faculty
- Performance assessment and feedback to identify areas of strength and weakness
- Extra time for hands-on practice
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the principles of good practice in theatre etiquette, knot tying, suturing, abscess drainage.
- Describe correct handling and use of surgical instruments.
- Demonstrate an appropriate procedure for ‘gowning’ and ‘gloving’ in accordance with recommended standards of practice.
- Tie a variety of reliable knots, including surgical reef knots and the Aberdeen knot and tying at depth.
- Suture a variety of tissues, including skin and abdominal pad tissue effectively.
- Demonstrate effective basic principles of Laparoscopic surgery.
Attractive Discount on GROUP REGISTRATION
Contact UDDIPTA on +917506683774 or write to him at firstname.lastname@example.org for Group Registration
Registrations will be closed 8 days before the course begins.
Discounted Fee: US$ 250