Certificate Course in Laparoscopic Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
First of its kind, unique training course at IMMAST, scientifically developed by eminent Bariatric surgeons from across the country, which encompasses all aspects of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, from pre-operative evaluation to continued patient lifestyle management. This 3 day course curriculum includes all the essential elements for comprehensive surgical outcome keeping the patient in focus. A strong team of experts will take participants through all critical elements, for predictable and safe surgical outcome. The IMMAST thrust, as always, will be on extensive hands-on learning on innovatively developed Animate tissue models, as also the clinical experience in OR.
Bariatric surgery has evolved over the last four decades from open to minimal access techniques. Minimal access techniques and early recovery have made a revolution in the acceptance of Bariatric surgery for treatment of morbid obesity and related diseases, mainly because of safety and faster recovery. Diabesity has become a pandemic and Asians, especially Indians, are affected more with diabetes, obesity and metabolic syndrome, a joint burden responsible for increased morbidity and mortality. Metabolic surgery for diabetes is emerging as a new therapy. Bariatric surgery should be a part of training for each laparoscopic surgeon and gastroenterologist, since it involves entero-anastomosis and surgery of the Gastrointestinal tract. IMMAST is the first of its kind to offer a comprehensive training and certification course for all interested in adding Bariatric surgery as a facet to their skills and practice.
- Diagnose Obesity, Morbid Obesity, and Choose a case for Surgery
- Learn step-by-step Bariatric procedures for Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and all aspects of endoscopic procedures
- Learn how to prevent and manage complications of various procedures
- Manage nutritional challenges and weight re-gain
- Extensive hands-on practice on near-life animal tissue models for bariatric procedures, Laparoscopic Suturing, etc.
- Unmatched learning experience in simulated OR environment, with best-in-class equipment
- Opportunity to attend live surgery*, bariatric consultation sessions with physician, surgeon and nutritionist (*subject to case availability)
- 4 CME Credit Points from MMC and Certificate to be awarded on completion of the training course
Who Should Attend ?
- General Surgeons & Surgical Gastroenterologists who wish to add Bariatric surgery to their repertoire
- Laparoscopic Surgeons already doing advanced procedures
- Surgeons who wish to learn Laparoscopic Anastomosis
- ·Surgeons who have performed Bariatric procedures before but wish to consolidate their skills