Retrograde intrarenal surgery (RIRS) performed using a flexible ureteroscope marked the beginning of a new era in urology. RIRS renders smaller kidney stones more accessible and upper urinary tract tumors treatable, using minimally invasive methods.
In this two day course, training on simulators will be conducted to help trainees get a grasp of the equipment used in upper tract such as Flexible Ureteroscopes.
Basic and advanced skills for handling these instruments will be imparted during sessions in the laboratory. Live demonstrations of Endourological procedures conducted in Operation Theatres will supplement the instructional courses and give the delegate a complete understanding of operative procedures.
- To understand the indication of RIRS
- Understanding Instrumentation and its care and maintenance – Flexible Ureteroscope
- Understanding the energy sources used in RIRS
- Learning the tips and tricks along with methods to handle complications during RIRS course
Who should attend
The course has been specifically designed for:
- Urologists in practice to understand the new developments, refresh their knowledge of varied applications and interact with experienced faculty
- Urologists keen on developing a dedicated Endourological Practice Center
- Urologists keen on purchasing new equipment in Upper Tract Endourology
- Urology Residents
- Lectures by expert National and International faculty
- Supervised Hands-on training on life-like model
- Ample opportunity for informal interaction with faculty