Course on PCNL
PCNL has been evolving rapidly over the last decade. Today with miniaturization of Endourology equipment and with proven safety and efficacy of newer energy sources, fragmentation and removal of calculi from the kidney has become very easy.
Patients benefit a great deal as almost all procedures are minimally invasive and offer a quick recovery. No wonder many day care units are emerging with PCNL procedures offered.
The two day course offers a comprehensive understanding of how to use various techniques to enhance success.
Detailed instructions of various instruments and energy sources with appropriate utilization of ancillary equipment will be offered. Various maneuvers to circumvent difficulties in accessing the Upper Tract will be ably demonstrated. Training on simulators will be conducted to help trainees get a grasp of the equipment used in Upper tract: Nephroscopes and Mini Perc Instruments (Nephroscopes). Basic and advanced skills for handling these instruments will be imparted during sessions in the laboratory. Live demonstrations of PCNL procedures conducted in Operation Theatres will supplement the instructional courses and give the delegate a complete understanding of operative procedures.
- To learn peculiarities of Endoscopic Anatomy of the Upper Tract and Instrumentation
- To review indications, techniques and learn how to avoid complications in PCNL
- To understand the advantages and the pitfalls of different procedures in special situations
- To discuss various energy sources and optimal use of disposable ancillary equipment in Endourology
- Newer instruments for PCNL
- Strategies in planning access
- Training on Mediskills PCNL model for Fluoroscopy puncture
- Hands-on training on harvested animal tissue- tract dilatation and intracorporeal lithotripsy