International Masterclass in Laryngotracheal Stenosis
Studies have shown that the incidence of laryngotracheal stenosis is on rise in recent years because of increased incidence of prolonged intubations, tracheostomies done for extensive and complex neurological conditions, cardiovascular, head and neck surgeries and increased incidence of patients coming out of intensive and critical care units because of technological advances.
Tracheal resection and reconstruction (TRR) and laryngotracheal resection and reconstruction (LTRR) is commonly performed for post-intubation tracheal stenosis, tracheal tumors, idiopathic laryngotracheal stenosis (ILTS), and tracheoesophageal fistula (TEF).
Complications include granulation tissue formation, restenosis of the trachea, anastomotic separation, TEF and trachea-innominate fistula (TIF), wound infection, laryngeal edema, and glottic dysfunction. Anastomotic separation — the most feared complication of tracheal surgery — may present subtly with stridor and wound infection, or with respiratory distress and extremis. Prompt management is required to prevent devastating consequences.
Master the techniques of Laryngotracheal Stenosis surgery under the guidance of Internationally renowned faculty Prof. Philippe Monnier from Switzerland and learn about evaluation of the compromised airway and management of Laryngotracheal Stenosis at CEMAST. Experience Live Transmission of cases followed by extensive hands-on dissection under the supervision of experts in the field.
- To understand difficult situations in Laryngotracheal surgery
- To understand complicated Airway cases
- To understand complications of Surgery for Laryngotracheal stenosis
- Prevention of Laryngotracheal stenosis
- Management of Anaesthesia for Airway Surgery
Who should attend
- ENT Surgeons
- Lectures by expert National and International faculty along with surgical video sessions
- Supervised Hands-on training on near-life animal tissue model, in simulated OR setting
- Ample opportunity for informal interaction with faculty
The fee includes wet lab hands-on practise under the supervision of Prof. Monnier and experts in the field along with lectures at CEMAST on 5th July 2019