Radical Prostatectomy Course
Radical Prostatectomy is one of the most challenging operations to perform and has a steep learning curve. This course aims to teach the salient features of this challenging operation by experienced faculty. It will include hands-on training for specific challenges during this operation on animal tissue as well as training in suturing techniques. The course will offer adequate time for interaction with the faculty in an intimate group of urologists focused on this challenging surgery.
Live surgery with direct interaction with the operating surgeon will be part of this course and will enable the participants to gain confidence to start doing this procedure themselves.
Objectives of the course
- To learn the anatomy relevant to doing a MIS Radical Prostatectomy
- To learn instrumentation required for this surgery
- To learn the differences between robot assisted and pure laparoscopic approaches with pros and cons
- To learn the suturing techniques required for this operation
Who should attend the course?
- Urologists in practice already doing laparoscopy
- Experienced urologists interested in Oncology who have not had the benefit of training in Laparoscopy during their residency programs
- Urology residents
- OR technicians who want to learn instrumentation for Radical Prostatectomy
- Operating room training
- Emphasis on instrumentation and procedure training
- Supervised training in simulation/ wet laboratories
- Lectures from Expert faculty
- Plenty of opportunity for informal interaction with the faculty