Diagnostic and Interventional Knee Arthroscopy Course
Arthroscopic Surgery has become an integral part of every Orthopaedic surgeon’s practice. Procedures like Diagnostic Arthroscopy, Meniscectomy and basic Arthroscopic procedures are now a patient demand as also surgeon preference. This is true even in the most remote part of our world. Patients want to recover faster and get back to work quickly. Every surgeon practicing today needs to understand the principles and fundamentals of Arthroscopic Surgery and avoid compromises and complications of open surgery on the knee joint. This two-day comprehensive course encompasses “all-in-one with certification” to fulfil the Dreams of any Orthopaedic surgeon wishing to practice safe Arthroscopic Surgery. Arthroscopic Surgery has been the “Achilles heel” of novices and sometimes even of an advanced Arthroscopic surgeon. The course promises extensive training in this aspect with dedicated hours in the simulation as well as animal tissue laboratories to perfect skills.
A visit to the Operative Room will only enhance the confidence of the delegates after witnessing live surgeries and give them a boost to overcome difficulties in their own operating room.
- To understand the philosophy and ergonomics (less strain -better performance)
- To gain proficiency in two-handed surgery and improve hand-eye coordination
- To review indications, technical details and possible pitfalls in Diagnostic Arthroscopy, Meniscectomy, and other basic arthroscopic procedures
- To understand prevention and management of complications of basic arthroscopic procedures
Who Should Attend?
- Surgical postgraduates
- Experienced surgeons who have hesitated to embark on Arthroscopic surgery
- Surgeons getting initiated in Arthroscopic surgery
- Surgeons performing Arthroscopic surgery who wish to consolidate their knowledge and skills
- Lectures by expert faculty
- Exercises on specially designed Endotrainers – Arthrotrainer
- Hands-on module on the latest Virtual Simulator – Arthrosim
- Supervised training on simulated human leg in animal tissue Laboratories
- Plenty of opportunity for informal interaction with the faculty
- Operating room training