Laparoscopic Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Course
First of its kind, unique training course at CEMAST, scientifically developed by eminent Bariatric surgeons across the country, which encompasses all aspects of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery, from pre-operative evaluation to continued patient lifestyle management. This 3 day course curriculum includes all the essential elements for comprehensive surgical outcome keeping the patient in focus. A strong team of experts that make up the Bariatric Surgery team including Psychiatrics, Psychologists, Endocrinologists, Dietary consultants and Operating Surgeons, will take participants through all critical elements, for predictable and safe surgical outcome. The CEMAST thrust, as always, will be on extensive hands-on learning on innovatively developed simulators, latest Computer Simulators, Animate tissue as also the clinical experience in OR.
Bariatric surgery has evolved over the last four decades from open to minimal access techniques. Minimal access techniques and early recovery have made a revolution in the acceptance of Bariatric surgery for treatment of morbid obesity and related diseases, mainly because of safety and faster recovery. Diabesity has been a pandemic and Asians, especially Indians, are affected more with diabetes, obesity and metabolic syndrome, a joint burden responsible for increased morbidity and mortality. Metabolic surgery for diabetes is emerging as a new therapy. Bariatric surgery should be a part of training for each laparoscopic surgeon and gastroenterologist, since it involves entero-anastomosis and surgery of the Gastrointestinal tract. CEMAST is the first of its kind to offer a comprehensive training and certification course for all interested in adding Bariatric surgery as a facet to their skills and practice.
The participant should be able to:
- Diagnose obesity, morbid obesity, related problems, and choose a candidate for surgery
- Select a surgery type
- Know all the steps of a bariatric procedure in a standardized format
- Know how to diagnose and treat complications
- Manage nutritional challenges
Who Should Attend ?
- Laparoscopic surgeons already doing advanced procedures
- Surgeons who wish to learn laparoscopic anastomosis technology
- Upper GI Surgeons
- Surgical Gastroenterologists who wish to add Bariatric surgery as a facet to their career
- It is also a unique opportunity for young laparoscopic surgeons regularly doing advanced surgeries to learn everything about Bariatric procedures under one roof
- Surgeons who have performed few Bariatric procedures but wish to upgrade and set-up their own Bariatric unit
- Complete overview about bariatrics
- Videos – learning of all bariatric procedures
- Extensive hands-on experience of all anastomosis and bariatric techniques on animal tissue models
- Learn to set up a unit as well as team
- Special hands-on module on Upper GI Flexible Endoscopy
- Plenty of opportunity for informal interaction with nationally renowned faculty
- Opportunity to work on various Bariatric modules on the latest computerized simulator